Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I've Been Reading

Starred Photos1

Spring Break is here, and I thought some of you might be looking for a good book to read.  Here are some books that I have enjoyed reading this year.  (I have actually read some others that I wouldn't necessarily recommend.)  Here is my disclaimer...book choices are personal, so be sure to see what they are about before you read them. A couple of these are very realistic and some of the stuff can be "gritty" and hard to read. Happy reading!

The Meaning of Marriage by: Tim Keller
Counterfeit Gods by: Tim Keller
The Prodigal God by: Tim Keller
Crazy Love by: Francis Chan
A Thousand Splendid Suns byKhaled Hosseini
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by: Annie Barrows
The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by: Suzanne Collins
The Paris Wife by: Paula McLain

Here are some of my favorites from last year:
A Praying Life by: Paul Miller
Unbroken by: Laura Hillenbrand
The Glass Castle by: Jeannette Walls
Half Broke Horses by: Jeannette Walls
Sarah's Key by: Tatiana de Rosnay
The Swan House by: Elizabeth Musser
The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by: Ree Drummond

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I am such a book nerd (well, nerd in general!) so I really appreciate when people give book recommendations! I have read a lot of those but you have given me some good ones to add to the list!
    I am currently reading "Unbroken" and it is FABULOUS! It is a little different than a lot of these you have recently read, but I would suggest at least looking into it!
    I will email you some other recent reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions! I love books and have had several of these on my "to read" list for a while. I think I'll bump a couple of them up to the top of the list. I loved "The Glass Castle". K and I are in the middle of the "Game of Thrones" series right now, so I don't have much else to offer up! "Water for Elephants" was great. Tina Fey's memoir "Bossypants" was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks, Laura! I need this. :)

    ReplyDelete