Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful Tree & Our Hero

I thought I would share how I made our thankful tree this year.  In the past we have used real branches and tied paper leaves to them.  This year I decided to make it simpler to encourage the kids to add leaves on their own.  After cutting out the tree, I just taped it to the fridge and set out a bowl of leaves that I cut out on the counter. The kids can just write things on the leaves and add them whenever they think about it. Not as cute but super easy, and it's a great way to remember all the things we have to be thankful for!


So far, we are thankful for...


Also, when I was cleaning out some things today I found this page in the back of Griffin's workbook from the summer, and I thought it was so sweet.  His question for his hero is, "What do you do in heaven?" 


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. We probably need to start a thankful tree too. You're never too old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the one that is thankful for "leaf"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree! I think I'm going to have to make one for the girls (and K and me). And Griffin's workbook - so precious.

    ReplyDelete