Tuesday, December 4, 2012

St. Jude Marathon weekend 2012

The St. Jude marathon was this weekend.  I ended up getting injured at the last minute, and I was unable to run.  Richie ran the half marathon though, and he ran as a hero in my place!  It was hard for me to stand on the sidelines after so much training.  I ended up having a lot of fun cheering with the kids and some friends though.  Thank you so much to all of you who supported me as a hero!

IMG_0744

IMG_0760

IMG_0764

IMG_0765

IMG_0768

IMG_0769

IMG_0791

IMG_0792

IMG_0808

IMG_0810

IMG_0814

Since I was a hero, we got to stay in a hotel downtown.  It was really fun to be downtown during December.  We went to see the Nutcracker at the Orpheum on Saturday afternoon.  Afterwards we went to the Peabody Hotel to see all of the decorations and to watch the ducks march.

IMG_0816

IMG_0819

IMG_0821

IMG_0824

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed - way to go, Richie! That is the cutest cheering section! What a fun little mini-vacation in downtown Memphis! Your picture in front of the tree turned out much better than ours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your injury, too. Hope you are recovering well!

      Delete