Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

Here is a yummy recipe for pumpkin pancakes that I tried out last week. The recipe makes a lot of pancakes. We had enough for several breakfasts. If I make them again, I would freeze half of the batch for a quick easy breakfast. Enjoy!

IMG_0403

Pumpkin Pancakes
(recipe source: adapted slightly from High Heels & Grills)

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg (optional, I didn't add)
1/4 tsp. ginger (optional, I didn't add)
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
3 cups low fat buttermilk
3 eggs
syrup (for serving)

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and brown sugar, combining well.  Add pumpkin, buttermilk, and eggs to dry ingredients and mix gently. (I added a little bit of milk to thin out the batter some.)  Heat griddle to medium heat.  Scoop 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle and let cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.  Flip and let other side cook until lightly browned.

Pin It!

1 comment: